The OpenThread Border Router (OTBR) certification guide describes how to replicate the Device Under Test (DUT) that the OpenThread team used to certify OTBR.
OpenThread Border Router (OTBR) has been certified as a Thread Certified Component on the Raspberry Pi 3B with a Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 NCP.
OTBR was certified using the following releases and commits:
|Repository||Release / Commit|
|OpenThread Border Router||
Before continuing, verify that you have met the following requirements.
Thread Group membership
To download and use the GRL Thread Test Harness software, or to submit a component or product for certification, you must have Contributor or Sponsor Membership in the Thread Group.
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 DK
- One of the following Raspberry Pi models:
- Pi 3 Model B+
- Pi 3 Model B V1.2
- A 4GB or larger SD card
- The same accessory hardware described in the Raspberry Pi 3B Border Router
- SD card reader, HDMI cable, monitor, keyboard
- An FT232 USB to UART adapter
- Dupont lines for the serial port connection
- A Windows machine to run the Test Harness software
- Thread Test Harness
- nRF5x Command Line Tools to flash the nRF52840 DK
- Etcher for imaging the Raspberry Pi